Things To Do In North Cornwall In August
Cornwall is bursting with things to do this summer; here are our top 5 things to do…
- Beach It. Summer is made for lazy beach days spent with family and friends splashing in the turquoise sea and playing in the sand. Holywell Bay boasts it’s very own beach that has huge sand dunes (perfect for sliding down), it’s also just a short drive to other popular beaches like Watergate Bay and Fistral in Newquay. Or you could escape the crowds and enjoy the beautiful hidden gems of Porth Joke and The Gannel Estuary.
2. Eat It. In Cornwall, we are spoilt for choice when it comes to everyone’s favourite sweet treat, ice cream! Cornish ice cream is rich, creamy and delicious thanks to lots of dairy farmers who produce one of Cornwall’s most famous products, clotted cream. Visit Daisy’s Ice Cream Parlour at the Fun Park and choose from a variety of lip-smacking flavours.
3. Race It. Holywell Bay Fun Park is the place for budding F1 drivers, with five different racetracks where you can hone your driving skills in safety. Or maybe let the kids drive for the very first time, prices start from just £2.00 per child for the Kiddie Karts and only £4.50 for the F1 Go Karts* that reach speeds of 18mph!
*height restrictions apply.
4. Bike It. We think seeing Cornwall by bike is just the best, but be prepared for lots of hills! There are many family friendly routes, including Lanhydrock just outside Bodmin and the Camel Trail from Wadebridge to Padstow is a must.
5. Pick It. It’s strawberry season and there’s nothing better than letting the kids pick their own. Local strawberries are just bursting with flavour and go perfectly with clotted cream…mmmm! If you fancy getting fruity, then try Mitchell Fruit Farm or Trevaskis Farm at Connor Downs.
Buy tickets for a day your way at Holywell Bay Fun Park here.